Since it’s almost Christmas and it’s cold, I decided to make Apple Pie. I think what makes a great pie is the crust, a bad crust could ruin a good pie for me. I have used this recipe for years and it’s always been great for me.
Buttermilk pie crust
- 2 cups flour
- 1tsp salt
- 2/4 butter
- 5-6tsp milk
- Mix together salt & flour, then add melted butter & milk.
- Mix till crust is not crumbling, separate into two balls of dough. (be careful NOT to add too much milk, you don’t want a thin pie crust.)
- Roll one ball out and put crust in the bottom of (greased) pie pan.
- 4 apple
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- For the pie I cut 4 apples, mixed all spices together, then add apples and mix together.
- Roll out the last ball of dough & add to top of pie, I usually make the crust lattice but I was being lazy and didn’t this time.
- Bake 40-50 minuets.